Agabus

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

First thoughts

Today is the last day of May but the first day of my blog. I have a lot of thoughts to share but don't know where to begin. Let me just say since this is on my mind, its time for the US to pull all our troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq. I understand the need to be there, to finish what we started. Our president had good intentions, for we do have a responsibility to bring freedom and peace to other parts of the world. I know we are not perfect as a nation. We tolerate all sorts of sinfulness and immorality and we export it via the media. No wonder the religious Moslems don't believe us. I say we are far from perfect but we do have the energy and ideas to make the world a better place. One of our problems though is that many of those most committed to helping others in the world are dying on the battlefield. Those who complain the most are selfish egotists who want to make money so they don't have to work hard.

But now, president Bush, it is time to take our troops out. It is obvious from the recent rioting in Kabul and the continuous bombings in Iraq that the people there do not want us. They do not want democracy. They want our money yes but do not want to espouse our ideals. So the time has come for us to leave. Let them sort things out. I feel sad that it has to be so for many will die. But we can't force others to accept peace and freedom. Its too bad that so many idealistic men and women sacrificed themselves in this noble cause. Then again, I think one of the reasons we are there now is to fight the war on terrorism. Rather than fight it here on our own soil, we are fighting it there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home